Bring out your playful side this holiday season with some trendy animal sweaters! From owls to cats, these graphic sweaters have translated into a fun, winter trend. Everyone loves a chunky, knit sweater, especially when it has an animal face stitched to the front. Check out these 10 adorable animal sweaters for inspiration.
Since I received an overwhelming response from my “DIY Style” blog post below, I thought I’d follow up with a “DIY Home Decor” post. I love finding new ways to make a “do it yourself” project out of simple home decor pieces. I know there are thousands of ideas all over the web, but here are 10 clever ideas that stood out to me:
1. Painted Wooden Spoons – Such a simple but great way to add some character to your kitchen. Click here for a full tutorial.
2. Driftwood Vases – A very unique decor piece and easy to put together. Click here for a full tutorial.
3. Pen Pots – Something simple to decorate your desk or office space. Click here for a full tutorial.
4. Wood Towel Hooks – Chic towel hooks for your bathroom, or hang them in your room for scarfs. Click here for a full tutorial.
5. Reclaimed Window Coffee Table – Might take a little more effort than the other DIYs, but the payoff is worth it. Take an old cabinet (or find one at a thrift store) and add some legs on the bottom to get a gorgeous coffee table with storage space.
6. Painted Terra Cotta Pots – Instead of the boring, white plant pots, try this idea to decorate your patio. Click here for a full tutorial.
7. Chalkboard Serving Platter – Such a clever way to display food for a social gathering. Click here for a full tutorial.
8. Yarn Wrapped Bottles – Grab colorful yarn and Modge Podge for this fun decor piece. Same technique can be done with mason jars as well. Click here for the full tutorial.
9. Painted Driftwood Hanger – Hang scarfs, jewelry and more with this simple DIY project. Click here for the full tutorial.
10. Fabric-Covered Bookshelf – Glue some fabric or even scrapbook paper on the back of a bookshelf to give it some character.
When you make your own DIY clothing articles and accessories, you’re really adding a unique and personal touch to your wardrobe. And lets face it, it’s fun! DIY is all the rage now, and I can definitely see why. So, if you’re feeling crafty on a random Sunday afternoon, here are some DIY ideas to create cute, one-of-a-kind looks.
1. Floral Pocket – Cut a floral pattern and sew it onto a basic tee to dress it up. Easy peasy.
2. Braided Leather Bracelet – Not as hard as it looks to create this fun accessory. Click here for a full tutorial.
3. Fabric Shorts – Find a fun, piece fabric to sew on top of old, cut off shorts. Absolutely adorable! Click here for a full tutorial.
4. Beach Tote – Follow this tutorial to create a cute tote you can bring to the beach. Click here for a full tutorial.
5. Zippered Tank – Sew/glue a zipper onto the back of a razor tank top. You can cut a tank top to look like the image below if you don’t already own a razor back.
6. Lace Shorts – Add a lace trim to the bottom of any jean shorts for a cute, summer look. Click here for a full tutorial.
7. Jersey Braided Scarf – Pick two colored jersey fabrics, braid them together and sew. Click here for a full tutorial.
8. Turn a plain t-shirt into a work of art. Grab a pair of scissors and have at it.
9. Rainbow Cut Offs – Fun, colorful dyes is all you need to make these DIY rainbow cut off shorts.
10. Glitter Heels – Glam up old heels with a little glitter on the bottom soles. Click here for the full tutorial.
My new craving of the week is polka dots! Large dots, small dots, dots on dots and colorful dots. So many kinds, so many choices. This vintage style has made its way back into a current, top trend.
My most recent style obsession right now are backs with sass. Open backs, cute cutouts, bows, straps, low cuts and more. This playful new trend allows women to show off parts of their back in a fun way. Just make sure to expose the right amount of skin. If it’s low in the back, it doesn’t need to be low in the front.
To celebrate my first year of being an actual American (I just got my citizenship 4 months ago), I’m looking for ideas to go America crazy with red, white & blue for Independence Day. Here are some fun July 4th ideas to celebrate!
And going all out for July 4th is a perfect way to start the patriotism craze before the Olympics start at the end of July. Go Team USA!
Lace is flirty, girly, classy, and it’s blowing up the department stores right now. The key to rocking this hot style for summer is to pick one lace item whether it’s a dress, skirt, top, shoes or shorts to complete your outfit. Also, pick the right color & fit that coordinates with your body and style, and you’re good to go.
Here are 10 awesome lace-inspired looks to get excited about it!